01 October 2006

Well, I was supposed to go to church this morning....

Well, I was supposed to go to church this morning... Maybe supposed to isn't the world I want because I like going. Anyways... I was in a bit of a rush, and guess what? Yep, I tripped down my steps. My forehead met the windowsill, and then, there was blood. So, needless to say, I didn't go to church. (If you know me at all, you know I'm not exactly graceful, but damn, can't a girl catch a break?)

So, after being patched up, I took myself back to bed though I wasn't supposed to. I couldn't sleep deep enough so I got up and tried to watch that movie, Alexander, but not a good movie in my opinion. So, I knitted for a while. I am working on a baby blanket for Mike. It drove me over the edge yesterday. So, I got out this fabulouse Berroco Glace ribbon yarn. It's the color of blood. fits the mood, huh? Anyways... I'm about 1/3 of the way done with a fashion scarf for me. I don't make a lot of things for myself; so, I'm really excited about this.

You know, I can see now why people have so many UFO's... (UnFinished Objects) Some projects are knit with pretty small needles, and after a while, it can seem tedious. So, I promised myself after starting the new scarf that I was going to finish at least two of the current projects before starting a new one... They include...

beaded wire napkin holders for Mom... They are for Christmas. So far, I have only done one. I want to make 4 to 8 depending on how bad they ruin my bamboo 9 needles.

a poncho for me... It's absolutely gorgeous, but having frogged it once already and looking like I still didn't get it right, I had to stop.

a baby blanket for Mike... I promised him I would make one, but actually following a pattern instead of straight garter stitch for the first time is breaking my heart.

and the scarf... It's so red. I can't wait. I'll post pics when I have some.

Until then....



No comments: