21 November 2009
15 November 2009
In the mean time, I emptied the camera, and look what I found...
11 November 2009
09 November 2009
Plus, I really want to knit. My socks are so close to being done, and it would rock to knock that out tonight. For the first time in ages, I only have 5 projects on the needles. My socks, Eric's socks, Eric's gloves, our blanket and the favorite cardigan. My socks and his gloves will be done this week. I'm hoping to knock the cardigan out the next week. I have time though. It isn't like it is due for something. After that, Eric's socks... The blanket will be a project that lasts quite a while. I do need to make Eric's cousins some hats and scarfs. They are the cutest girls, and it'll be nice to have something yummy for them for Christmas. Other than that, nothing new.
08 November 2009
06 November 2009
When I got home, Eric wanted me to work on packing the craft room. So, that's what I did. I packed up 12 boxes of yarn and books with Eric. Don't worry. There's still another 12 boxes of yarn to be packed. Plus, that doesn't include the stuff that I'm not packing. Since I'm not sure when we will get to unpack the yarn, I'm taking the stuff I'm currently working on or Christmas gift yarn with me to his Mom's to knit so I don't go nuts or go buy more. When I get home tonight, there will be more yarn to pack, but I also have some homework. So, I'm hoping to get a little of both done. I want to go see a couple of friends in the city to say goodbye tomorrow and Sunday. Plus, the pups need to get out. It'll be nice to walk the lake front with them even if it is chilly.
That's all for now.
05 November 2009
In 9 days, Eric will driving back to Ohio with all of our stuff. He's leaving me with the air mattress, a week of clothes and the dogs. His dad is being a sweetheart and driving up with the trailer and van. So, with our truck, there should be plenty of room for all of our stuff. It'll be weird living in an empty house, but I'm excited. It'll bring us one step closer to actually living in Ohio. After he leaves, I will follow him 11 days later. So, it is getting very real, very fast. I'm so excited.
Other than that, I'm actually getting some knitting done. I'm going to work on organizing the yarn for packing, and I am hoping to get new pictures of all my WiPs. I'm hoping to have a finished pair of hot pink socks by this weekend. :)
04 November 2009
The next three weeks are going to be nuts. I am working, and I'm still in school. The dogs still need to be walked, and there's the two bedroom home to pack. Plus, there is Christmas shopping to work on. Hectic is good though. It'll help time fly by.
In 21 days, I'll be packing up the last bit of stuff I had to keep at work with me, my picture frames from my desk and my Amp monkey. I will get in my car and drive to the house one last time to get Dega and Indy and any mail that might still be trickling in. Then, I'll drive four hours to my new home and start the rest of my life.
Just 21 more days to go...
03 November 2009
28 July 2009
Other than that, I'm just starting to work on packing. I have picked up some boxes from a friend of mine that manages a Panera and here at my own warehouse. I figure I should start the purge and pack soon. Four months really isn't that long of a time when you work and go to school full time. I am going to the Y after work to swim and destress. I do have a bit of homework, but I'm hoping to be in bed by 9pm.
27 July 2009
On day 40 of 149, I will leave Chicagoland to drive him the car and fly back. Oh, since I am, if any other significant others on the way wants to ride down with me, I'm okay with splitting hotels and gas money. :) I'm just going to fly back.
On day 88 of 149, he graduates, and I wouldn't miss that for the world.
On day 122 of 149, I will fly down to spend Thanksgiving weekend with him.
On day 131, I will probably be driving down to Uvalde for good. :)
When I break it down like that, I realize how little time I actually have. It makes it a little easier to know that I won't have to wait 5 months to actually see him again.
26 July 2009
03 May 2009
I got the itch to organize the spare bedroom into a craft room, and while it is still a hot mess, I made huge progress. All the blue drawers are full of yarn as well as the four cubbies you can see here. That's not all though. This is a 5 drawer organizer in the living room, and this below...
Eric came up to see me last weekend, and it was an awesome surprise. After he left, I was itchin' for something new, and I went and cut my hair.
02 May 2009
I have my very own, sparkly star lined bag. Isn't it stunning? Say hello to my new purse. I love it!!! Seriously? How freakin' cool! Plus, the strap is the perfect length for me! WOW!!!
Plus, the bag was full of all of this... chocolate - yum! Rosewood needles in 2's - my favorites and I don't have them! something that smells incredible - check! a coffee sleeve - needed it! Some incredibly gorgeous yarn - perfect!!!
And then, 2!!! patterns and a HP journal!!!
I was spoiled beyond belief! Thank you!!!
24 April 2009
22 April 2009
21 April 2009
20 April 2009
1. The ability to French kiss my boyfriend
2. Sex for fun
4. Being able to learn more than one language
5. NASCAR races
6. Watching Maddie play softball
7. Long, challenging conversations
8. Riding the bike
18 April 2009
1. This “Harry Potter” character’s first name comes from Roman mythology. The mythological character’s twin brother is named Romulus. What is the Harry Potter character last name?
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
d. The Geminio Curse
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
14 April 2009
Oh, and I'm joining Weight Watchers today. A couple of my friends have had great luck with that, and I think that it will help me as well. :) Tonight, I'm going to go to my first meeting.
Overall, life is good. Just busy.
13 April 2009
07 April 2009
So, after work today, I'm going to go home and catch up on house stuff. I am working fast and furious on a baby blanket for Eric's cousin. Since I'm going home this weekend, I need to make sure that it is done. I'm 1/4 of the way there, and I started it on Saturday night. Plus, the new episode of NCIS is on tonight. :joy:
I did mail off my HSKS swap kit, and my pal liked it. So happy about that. :)
A new class for school started. I'm only taking one this time since it's algebra, and that always kicks my ass. So, I'm hoping for that to go well. Other than that, I'm a boring girl!
05 April 2009
Now, I'm going to focus on me and Eric and what is good for us. I'm done being nice and polite because it is the right thing to do, and for the psycho c u next Tuesday who trying to bring drama to our lives, you are in for one Hell of a fight. Grow up and get a life. You can't have mine.
29 March 2009
This is my second tattoo that I got last year. I need to have it redone cause it has faded, and I need to have something fixed on it. Other than that, I love it.
28 March 2009
17 March 2009
Snape & Lily
2. During all this chaos with Voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour. Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
b. No... not the Malfoy vault, the Lestrange vault
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Brothers." The brother buried there once owned what?
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to talk to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw (Rowena's daughter)
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
08 March 2009
She made this sconce which I immediately put up. How freakin' cute!
07 March 2009
8am to 4:30pm - I'm at work.
4:45pm - fake and bake
5pm - drive home
5:45pm - walk dogs
6pm - take shower
6:30pm - drive to Mariola's (She is a good friend that I have practically disappeared on while deep in my own mess. I have to go see her.
9pm - drive home
10pm - walk dogs
I want to pretend that at this point I will make some attempt to start cleaning the house, but I'm sure I won't.
I want to get up by 9am. We'll see.
9am - walk dogs
9:30am - clean house (walk dogs as needed)
12:30pm - leave for gym
1pm - let Angie kick my ass at the gym
2:30pm - drive home
3pm - walk dogs
3:30pm - take shower
4pm - hopefully, finish cleaning house
Plus, I need to eat sensibly in the middle of all that.
I'm failing my math class. It's not a great start to 2009. I hope Spring brings a saner me.