03 November 2009

97 Days

97 days? Really? My life is so different than it was 97 days ago or even than we thought it would be after 97 days. Eric had to leave the Border Patrol Academy due to shin splints at the beginning of September. It sucked, and he moved to Chicagoland to be with me. We thought about what we should or shouldn’t do for a while, and then, we decided that while we figure that out, we’d rather be in Ohio closer to our family and friends. So, on the 25th of this month, we’ll be back in Ohio. So, that means the great job hunt has started for me again. Luckily, Eric was able to go back to his old job, and it pays well enough that if I don’t find something right away, we won’t starve. So, my main focus will be school and working on finding a job. It’s going to be different. On New Year’s Eve 2006, I loaded up a U-Haul and moved to Chicago. Now, three years later, I’m going back. Not that I’m bitching… I know how lucky I am. Eric and I have an amazing relationship. We dated off and on from 1998 til 2001, and I never thought we would be back here. However, two years later, we are still kicking ass and taking names. I like being happy, and it seems like things are just going to keep getting better. 2010 is going to be a year of many changes, and I can’t wait to put 2009 behind us.

No comments: