26 July 2008

I hate Stitch by Stitch (yarn store in Highland, IN)!!!

I'm sick of it being okay to get back service or be disrespected while spending good money at yarn stores. I went to Stitch by Stitch in Highland, IN when I first moved to Merrillville. It's a small shop. They seem to mainly carry Noro, but they do have Dream in Color and some other fun stuff. I felt that most of their stuff was overpriced considering all the yarn stores in the area I've been, too, but that's her right as the owner. The Classy DiC was $22 and $27 for the Smooshy. I browse for about an hour, and then, after feeling a bit guilty, I felt like I needed to buy something. That was my first mistake. So, I grabbed [this][1] because Eric wants camo colored socks, and it was the perfect colors. It was $19 on the tag. I felt that that was more than I had paid before, but whatever... I love the boy. When I got home, I realized I had been charged almost $2 too much. I called, and we agreed that she'd fix it next time I came in. Two months went by, and I found the receipt. So, while I was out running errands today, I thought I would stop by. I found a skein of yarn in the sale bin that I liked, and I figured I would be on my way. They did have the Smooshy color I had been hunting for in the sock area, but the price was still $27. I asked the owner about it, and she said that stores in the area were obviously underselling by several dollars. I said fine. In my head, I thought, well, I guess I'll be shopping there. It didn't stop though. She kept going on about how I was wrong about her overpricing which isn't even what I said to her. There were at least 5 people in the store, and needless to say, I didn't appreciate being humilated in that way. Her loss though... I won't be bag, and I spend way too much money on yarn! Hell, I spent $1500 at Chix with Stix in like 6 months. I guess I'll just have to cruise down to the Valpo store because they have great service and many options.

1 comment:

fineskylark said...

Ugh! It amazes me how many people own yarn stores that have no idea how to run a business or deal with customers. (Actually, I see this at lots of other specialty stores, too...hmm.) At least you have other options!