28 June 2008

since June 19th...

Have you ever had a weekend so bad that you couldn't find the strength to blog about it? It was beyond exhausting to think about, let alone relive the misery by blogging about it. But today... Well, today, I realized that there are people who actually check in on me, and I need to actually post so they didn't they Dega and I ran off to live in secret. So, here's the past week... Feel free to pity me...


On the 19th, I left work and drove to physical therapy. It was going well, and I was excited about getting back to my normal self. After therapy, I drove home and picked up Dega and my stuff for the weekend. I was driving home for the Rodgers Family Reunion. We were going to camp out or stay in cottages at Hueston Woods in Ohio. So, anyways... I drove to Eric's house that night. It was great to see him. It always is. Eric only has Monday and Tuesday off; so, when he went to work on Friday morning, I drove down to my old office to meet Colleen for lunch. We went to PF Changs, and as always, it was great seeing her. After that, I met Eric by his work, and we drove out to the campgrounds. We got all set up for me to camp. Eric wasn't going to stay that night since he had basically been up since 4am on Thursday. While I was erecting the tent with him though, I asked some of the family to keep an eye on Dega. I had no idea they would let him lick beer from the rim of their beer cans. I was ready to flip out. They kept blaming the dog... I was not amused. The weekend continued on that rate. I barely spent any time with family. I froze that night. It was quite cold, but I got up and ran a zillion errands for other people. Eric showed up after work, and I couldn't have been more excited to see him. I was thinking that we could go horseback riding or get a canoe. Well, we got sent on another trip to WalMart. Well, on our way back, some stupid bitch cut across the parking lot on her cell. To avoid hitting her, Eric swerved straight into a concrete pole and broke something important on the truck. By time, we limped it back to the campsite to get my stuff and my car and let my family know I had to leave, it was pouring. Not that anyone cared if we were okay or what happened, they were all drunk. We did leave though... It took about 2 hours to get home. We ate dinner together and went to bed.


I hate family reunions. Through all of that, I only took a few pictures. I think I'll end with that.

No comments: