16 November 2008

New Me, Same Year!!!

Dega fresh from the groomers... :) We were on our way to pick up Lisa and her boys.
Me while at the groomer's (lol)... I was due for a highlight, and we added a brighter purple to the mix.


So, I am working on a new me. I quit smoking (again) on October 6th. So far so good... I'm still going to school full time, and that is going well. All is normal at work. Eric and I love each other more than ever. He was here last weekend, and we had a nice chill weekend. I can't wait to see him again. I can't believe that it's been about 14 months already. Long distance relationships aren't easy, but he makes it easier on me. :) I have been working on losing weight, and it's going well. I am on a yarn diet. Not super strict, but just trying to work through the massive stash I have already. Next, I am hoping to give up Mountain Dew. I'm not sure I'll ever fully get there, but my overgoal is just a healthier lifestyle.
The next six weekends is going to be nuts. I have finals to finish today, and my next block of classes starts tomorrow. Next weekend, I volunteer at the Museum of Science and Industry again. I also have a knitting class to wrap up this Wednesday for the Fireside Stocking and a Cable Club class on Saturday for an afghan I'm working on. The weekend after that is Thanksgiving weekend, and I'll be driving with Dega back to Ohio that Wednesday night. Doris is getting married the first weekend of December, and I'm driving to Iowa for that. Let's see... My move to the bigger apartment with a washer and dryer in the unit on December 12th. We have a yarn swap that Saturday, too. Then, I go back to Ohio again for Christmas on the 23rd.
Oh, and on December 22nd, I turn 30. I have been very bitter about this birthday because no one ever remembers my birthday to begin with. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, and it's not like I'm asking for someone to make a huge deal out of it. I guess it's just difficult that no one seems to celebrate your life. I don't know. It's part of the reason I'm working on me. I need to be happy by myself and forget about this little crap. Anyways...
Yesterday was a fun filled day. I took Dega to the groomer's and myself to the salon. We then picked up Lisa and her two boys to go to the yarn store to see some friends. We ended up have bad traffic, but we had fun overall. I came home and knitted a bit, but I fell asleep early.
That's it for now!


No comments: