13 November 2008

Secret Pal 13 has begun!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Socks that Rock Heavyweight, Malabrigo and Manos Wool
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? most acrylics (sorry) and I find cotton rough on my hands.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My straights are in a glass jar on a book stand. I need a thing for my circ's. I have a lantern moon thing, but it is flimsy.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
3 years; self taught
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Fireside Woodwick Candles, NASCAR tracks and orange cranberry

6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yeah
Favorite candy? I love soft peppermint sticks from Cracker Barrel. I have Celiac Disease. So, that's a bit hard.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
scrapbooking
Do you spin?
no, but I want to...

8. What kind of music do you like?
anything really... I love country, Christian rock and even opera...
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
yes

9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Navy Blue, Hot Pink, Emerald Green
Any colors you just can't stand?
not really

10. What is your family situation?
long distance relationship
Do you have any pets?
yes - Dega, the monster Maltese

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
YES!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmmm... most anything. Maybe fingerless mittens/gloves?

13. What are you knitting right now?
Dear God! That's a long list. I hope you are on Rav so you can see!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes, but I have enough coasters. A previous pal made me 10! They are everywhere.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love Addi's, and I have the Options. Bamboo is cool, too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yep

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 1/2 years

18. What is your favorite holiday?
the 4th of July

What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn? lol Art for the walls...

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yes. The 20 Powder Jacket
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm learning fair isle right now. Maybe lace next...

22. Are you a sock knitter?
yes
What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 9 Medium in women's.

23. When is your birthday?
December 22, 1978 No one remembers though. So, I think I'm going to move it.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
TiaPixy

No comments: