05 August 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Hmmm... How do you pick? I just bought this amazing Dream in Color superwash wool that might take number 1. Before that, I don't know. I know I don't like acrylic or most novelty yarns. I started out there, and after I bought my first "good" yarn, I was hooked.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My straights are in a fish bowl full of glass rocks that you would have in your fish tanks. DPN's are in the yarn bag. Circulars are, too. They are stuffed in a side pocket.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started at the end of 2005. My husband had left, and I wanted to quit smoking. It kept my mind focused. I would say intermediate. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no... I didn't know there was one. Plus, people don't buy me stuff. (I just realized how sad that sounds, but it's true. I'm okay with it though.)

5. What's your favorite scent? Oh... this yummy lotion I just bought from Bath and Body Works... Midnight Pomegrant. Oh, or Brown Sugar and Fig.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? yes, I do... But I have Celiac Disease. So, there isn't a ton of candy that I can have. I do love Kinder chocolate though.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I scrapbook, but that has gone to the wayside a little bit. Knitting is so much more portable.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to almost everything. Mainly country, christian or top 40. I love musicals and opera, too. Yes, my computer and stereo don't discriminate.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Navy Blue and Hot Pink... Colors I can't stand? Hmmm.... Not that I can think of.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my boyfriend, Jeff, and our two kittens, Tink and Pepper.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to scarves. I should to hats. I just moved here to Chicago this past winter, and my ears froze. I like fingerless mittens. I'm addicted to knitting them. But full mittens, no. I like gloves. Ponchos, I finally finished one. So, yes. I'm looking at making another one. I have this amazing red in Berocco Glace, but I haven't found a pattern for it yet.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? lol Fingerless gloves or mittens. I have 2 pairs so far. I need to make more so I can wear them every day. :)

13. What are you knitting right now? the stash bag from the book, Alterknits; a pair of cigar gloves for Jeff in Cotton Ease (He's a graphic designer and wants them for work.); a Stitch 'n Bitch baby blanket for Candy's (my bff) newest baby, Hope.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I have never gotten any. So, I don't know. I do believe that it's the thought though if that helps.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? probably circular cause they are so versatile... I love Addis. I have a bunch of those. All of them are smaller than 13 though. Not a fan of aluminum. Bamboos for straights though.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? ETA!!! Yes. Jeff just bought me one, but it hasn't arrived yet. Someone at the Post office must want mine. :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 14 months... Is it sad that I carry in my yarn bag?

18. What is your favorite holiday? Independence Day

19. Is there anything that you collect? besides yarn? lol nothing

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have been trying to find Cascade yarn for a Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf, but no one has those two colors in stock around here. It could be a good thing though. Where would I wear it?

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Oh! Socks. I want to learn socks.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not yet. I'll be brave enough one day. I don't know how to measure my foot. I wear an 8 1/2 shoe though. Medium... I love funky socks.

23. When is your birthday? December 22, 1978

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yep KnitIrish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting questionnaire responses! I will go friend you on Ravelry now - my id is RobinM.